Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Proverbs 1:30--study among sisters in Christ

7/30/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=1

ladies, i really need your input. this isn't meant to make you feel guilty, just accountable. i know you are both busy and have heavy things going on in your lives. but, i feel the least qualified to be doing a study alone. i need you both, even if its a short note to say that you don't agree w/what i said, or to say what you got out of it. you don't need to write a book (as i sometimes do), just support me w/something. i respect both of you as sisters in Christ (and God knows you two are much more biblically smart than i). please, help a brother out (i mean a sister). stick with me in this, or i could slip out of the habit of doing it w/no one to keep me accountable. please? if you don't want to post on the blog, shoot me a quick e-mail. love you both! don't forget me :)

p.s. i know you both read the posts, of which i am glad. and i know you each read your verses and commentaries when you get time. i just need a teensy bit of response from you both so that i know we are keeping each other accountable.

dear heavenly Father, i beg You to help me understand Your truth and accept Your wisdom. i do not want to perish at the hands of evil. i want to glorify You in everything i do. please keep me humble this week. please give my sisters in Christ a tiny bit of time each day to help affirm each other. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To all my sisters who read this, and especially the one who writes it: I get so much out of not only the Proverbs commentary, but also from your comments. I look forward to reading your comments every day, and hearing what is on your heart and how the Word has convicted you. I'm sorry I haven't commented as often since you started the blog; email seems easier to me. I appreciate the effort you make every day, and I promise to do better. Another instance of me being a taker and not a giver! The effects of daily being in the Word, meditating on it, praying about it, taking it into your life, show in everything you do, in your speech, and actions, and behavior. The Word of God truly is a powerful weapon in fighting sin in our lives. I pray this is a habit we all develop! Love you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for your faithfulness, Candace. I wish I could say, like Paula, that I had read every day as I should but I'm not commenting. Sadly, that isn't the case for me. It's a lot more "miss" than "hit" for me lately. Do I have an excuse? Not one that matters or even remotely "counts".

My prayer:
Teach me, Lord, to desire You above sleep, above late night t.v., above my puzzle book before bedtime, and above anything else I'm forgetting to mention. Thank You, Lord, for my sisters who mean so much to me. Thank You for their example in my life. And today I'm thanking You most of all for Your grace.