Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Proverbs 1:16--study among sisters in Christ

7/16/08
www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=1

The lesson is simple and weighty. Foolish friends will destroy any man. Therefore, reject all worldly friends for the friends of the king of Zion (Ps 101:1-8; 119:63; 144:11-15).

ok, i have had a bit of a question on my mind for a few verses, but now it seems cut & dry.......are we allowed to have, or associate with intentionally, unbelievers? based on what is written above, i would say 'no'. any help ladies?

Well, since there doesn’t seem to be any way to witness to unbelievers without associating with them in some way, I wouldn’t interpret it that strictly. However, when it comes to people we associate with intentionally (not like at work and others we HAVE to associate with), our real friends, people we WANT20to be with, that should be believers, I think. It’s far too easy to be drawn into the ungodly behavior of ones we associate closely with. Sin is always lurking, waiting for that opportunity, and we must be ever vigilant to not let it enter. It’s hard to have a really close relationship with someone who is not a believer, your views on just about everything will conflict. So I suppose our relationships with all unbelievers should be evangelistic in nature. (not that I live that one!) But I have to say, everyone I intentionally spend time with is a believer. The circle is pretty small!--Paula

I agree with what your Mom said, Candace. I would have typed basically the same thing. We can't not associate, at least some, with unbelievers. I have some in my family! -Karen

No comments: