Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Proverbs 1:15--study among sisters in Christ

7/15/08
www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=1


Friends are good, if they are good friends; but good friends are only measured by their fear of God and righteous living. Where can you find such friends? In a true church of the Lord Jesus Christ, where the world and all its compromises and inventions are rejected. There the pure truth and wisdom of the apostolic gospel and the inspired scriptures are exalted, defended, and taught boldly and clearly. How do you stand regarding this rule?


this part of the commentary, obviously, was the most uplifting part for me. i know i am in a church that preaches the Word and stands on the Word. just ask austin, he'll tell you "the B I B L E, yes thats the Book for me, i stand alone on the Word of God, the B I B L E. John 17:17, the Bible (which i have tried to tell him is 'Your Word') is truth. THE BIBLE!!!" up to this point i was feeling very sinful and defeated by myself (thank you satan), and again, overwhelmed with the enormity of the commands of God. i was very very very convicted by this commentary. oh how i have turned my head and my back and my life to Him so many times (and that was just today!). i want to live a righteous life so that when someone else reads that verse they will think of me as one to stand near to and not away from. right now, i wouldn't stand near me (not just because i haven't showered today! i probably won't tomorrow either, so Karen, you may want to rethink sitting by me at church.)

dear heavenly Father, please help me recognize sin and sinners and fools and foolishness. help me to avoid these pitfalls so that i can be an example to my children. help me to explain the gravity of bad choices and the glories of righteous ones. please continue to not only convict me but change my behavior. i ask that You give karen a peace about whatever is happening in her life right now that only You can do. please take care of my sisters in Christ, as i lean on them to help me understand and love You more. Amen

No comments: