Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What a day!

We, my 2 kids and Karen Stevens and 3 of her kids, started today at the zoo. It was a GORGEOUS day! We ran into Brooke, Shelli, and Karter Gage and Ryan Travis (all church family members) at the train. After riding the train (it was a first for Timothy Steven's),











playing at the playground,

and eating some lunch, we ran into the Gage/Travis group once again outside of the manatee exhibit. After a brief conversation, one disobedient child (that would be Austin) walked into an area where he didn't belong and got caught in a burr patch. So, me being the compassionate mom that I am (and I didn't know he was in burrs as he was whining and beginning to cry), told him
to just pull himself out of it.

Thankfully Shelli goes to a family farm often and knew he couldn't get himself out, so she rescued him. It took 3 of us to pick the burrs off of his clothes and shoes (Karter was nice enough to pick the ones off of me that Austin managed to share). However, I spent the next 1/2 hour in the bathroom with him, wetting his hair w/water first and then lots and lots and lots of foamy hand soap (thank you Brooke and Shelli for the idea), coaxing out each and every individual burr. THANK YOU Karen for watching all the kids, which included to 8 month olds, and having to watch the manatee movie at least 7X!


















After riding the carousel (which was the first for all 3 of Karen's kids),
















































we all went back to my house. The kids played in the baby pool for a bit,

we ordered pizza for dinner, Austin peed through 4 shorts and underwear outfits and spent the rest of the night in his room. Whew!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever seen my face in so many pictures in one place. Yikes! :) Thanks for a great day!