Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Monday, August 18, 2008

Proverbs 2:7--study among sisters in Christ

8/17/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

The great God has blessings for your obedience - wisdom and protection. He provides true and valid wisdom in abundance for righteous men. God has all the wisdom in the universe, but He has made much available for good men. And He will also be a buckler to them as well, which shows strong protection by using the metaphor of a battle shield.

I have to admit that I am curious about just how much wisdom does he have 'allotted" for me? And I really REALLY wish I could remember regularly that He is the best protector I have. I feel like I worry to much about the safety of my home, my belongings, me, my husband, my immediate family, and mostly my children. Is the alarm on? Are the doors locked (house and vehicle)? Are the windows closed (house and vehicle)? Would the kids be safe in their room at night w/o alarms on the windows? I could go on forever! Truly! And then, I usually remember to take a breath and say a prayer, and ask Him to do it all since I can't.

Now, having said all that, there is an entirely other side to my issues with safety which sound more like deadly & unlawful. Talking on the phone while driving (hello, there are babies in the car!). Taking the baby out of the car seat, while someone else is driving, to pacify. Reaching for toys and sippy cups and snacks for the kids while driving. Today, Justin was having a melt down on the way back from the zoo so I took both hands off the wheel, and my seat belt, to get a football he had been playing with that was WAY out of my reach! Are you kidding?! I have often thought, and said allowed to some, that there is no excuse for the things I have done, especially if it ever involved hurting or killing one or more of my kids, or anyone else's. I can only pray, and I do often, that those fearful thoughts will not become a reality as a way to teach me a lesson. Does anyone else see psychotic here? "Lord, please don't let anyone one get hurt while I knowingly and willingly choose to ignore all laws of safety and man." Really? Duh!!! Is anyone else ready to slap me yet?

Lord, Lord, Lord I BEG YOU to give me wisdom where my thinking starts, processes, and follows through. I feel like there is a disconnect (my black heart maybe?) and I would really appreciate a reconnect. Please help me make these changes before I have to live with anymore bad choices. Please help my sisters in Christ to make better choices than I, Godly choices! Amen

No comments: