Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Proverbs 2:1--study among sisters in Christ

8/5/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

what? did anyone hear (see) that? i was sure something just passed between my ears (eyes). not sure, a lot of empty space in there!

altho this first 2nd chapter seems to reiterate some of/a lot of what chapter 1 said, tis verse made me wonder, again, if i am really open to God's word. i am currently reading a book by R C Sproul, and in it he has a chapter or two on the holiness of God (maybe more, i am only in chapter 4). he makes the point (with many examples and references and quotes) that when we are in the presence of God we are in awe and in fear. we are scared to get close to something, or Someone, we don't know or can't "categorize." altho i pray many times for the willingness to be open to His word and truth, am i really? what would i do if confronted on this earth w/a glimpse of His holiness? i can only hope i would be broken as Isaiah and Peter were. i can only hope that i will be broken of my sinful self.

dear heavenly Father, please humble me. please break me. please help me. please give me grace & mercy as only You can. please continue to oversee the lives of my sisters in Christ so they may also be broken & humbled so that they may continue to experience Your grace & mercy. Amen

No comments: