Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Proverbs 2:12--study among sisters in Christ

8/27/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

Proverbs 2:12
To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things;

Wisdom, knowledge, discretion, and understanding provide the precious ability to identify evil men and avoid them. Knowing the way of truth clearly and the danger of friendship with fools, a wise man is saved from their destructive lifestyle and efforts at seduction. These evil men often expose themselves by a froward, or perverse, mouth.


I am torn on how to respond to this. I want to say that I do pray, and will continue to pray, for the wisdom and knowledge that will bring me understanding and discretion so as to avoid evil men. However, I feel like a hypocrite because I often feel like the evil man others should be avoiding. Tonight at church I joked with a couple about not looking so lovey-dovey in front of those of us who don't get along so well. Altho it was a joke, it certainly wasn't very uplifting or edifying or appropriate. So, to the couple I made the joke to, to a friend of mine who heard it, and to my husband...I am sorry and I will try to work on my attitude.

Dear Lord, deliver me! Deliver me from sin, deliver me from myself, deliver me from the evil ways of men, deliver me into Your grace-filled hands...as only You can. Humble me, break me, use me. Help me to help others. I do not want to sound like a hypocrite, or live like one. Please give me the desire and the ability to change my sinful ways. Please give my sisters in Christ the time they need to spend with You. Amen

No comments: