Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Saturday, August 9, 2008

give me a break, part 2

In an earlier blog I mentioned my disgust w/a radio commercial from a local church regarding 8/8/08. My understanding is that if you give them $88.08 they will pray for you. GREAT! NOT!! I will be glad to pray for you for free, and I am CERTAIN my prayers will be heard. Anyway, I haven't looked at their website, but I was told that by a very reliable source (Hi mom!). To listen to the commercial I can't imagine how you would make that connection. Secondly, even if you could that's not the point. The point is, as my husband would put it, "They are hit in the mouth!" Because today was the beginning of the olympics, at exactly 8:08, I learned more about the significance of the numbers (or not!). The Chinese revere the number all the time, but this is the year of the 8. It made me even more disgusted at the church, to think that they are playing into this whole 8 thing. Shame on them, and shame on their shepherd who will be in big doo doo for his role in leading people astray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you keep talking about Brother Parsley like that, you'll NEVER get a blessing!