Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Friday, August 1, 2008

Proverbs 1:32--study among sisters in Christ

8/1/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=1

i was in the car about 6 hours today, and had the opportunity to listen to a little bit of radio. the channel finally chosen, a christian station out of columbus (one that i didn't even know existed). in the course of about 4 hours of listening off and on i heard a range of theological beliefs, free will vs. predestination to name just one. todays proverbs verse talks about the destruction of the simple and the wealth of unjust gain. hearing several different theological positions on 1 station in the span of a few hours made me think of the simple and wisdom-less influences all around people every day, even professing christians. how many will be surprised when they are destroyed?

dear Lord, give me strength! give me the strength to put Your wisdom in to action. close my mouth, open my ears, move my body, submit my heart and mind, give me grace! fill my black sinful heart with Your powerful merciful love. break me each day. squash my pride. help me to let go and let You. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still up too and can't sleep even though I spent six hours in the car today, too! What a coincidence! Just bang on the door real loud in the morning to wake me up.