Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Proverbs 2:4--study among sisters in Christ

8/11/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

Dear friend, do you read the Word of God? Do you read it with passion and effort? Do you study it? Do you crave to hear it taught? Do you meditate upon it day and night? Do you speak of it others? Do you give up pleasure for it? Do you buy tools to help?

I certainly do not do any of these as much as I should. But the one that grabbed me the most was 'Do you give up pleasure for it?' Not only do I not do that often enough, if at all, but I should consider It the pleasure. And I certainly fall short there. I wish I could say that I sought after Him they way I would for any other worldly treasure. Sometimes I embarrass myself as I type out my confessions.

Dear good and glorious Father in heaven, thank You for being faithful when I am not, for being diligent when I am not, for being loving when I am not, and for having abounding grace when I do not. Please correct me, reprove me, and reposition me on the road to You. Please continue to comfort and love and protect my sisters in Christ. Amen

No comments: