Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Friday, August 8, 2008

Proverbs 2:2--study among sisters in Christ

8/7/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

But why should a child incline his ear to his parents, if they do not incline their ears to the sound preaching of God's word?

WoW! Talk about being hit between the eyes. Talk about needing to pray more specifically more often. Talk about a reality (ok, God) check. I know part of my heart desires to be open to God's word and truth and wisdom, however, my mouth and the black part of my heart (which just so happens to be very very big) and my pride desire to love this world more. Oh, again, woe is me. Oh how badly I need Christ involved in every second of every waking minute of my life. Oh then why do I insist on following the road more traveled instead of the one less traveled? The road that will only lead me to redemption and glory? The road that has a glorious promise at the end? The road that God has commanded me to take 'or else.' And yet, I continue to choose 'or else.' I want so badly to love my husband unconditionally, submit to his authority, and support him. And I don't. I won't. I need to 'or else'.

Dear heavenly Father, forgive me for not doing this study in a timely manner. I decided to sleep instead of honor You. Maybe things would have been different today had I spent that special one- on-one time with You. I beg of You to crush my pride so that I may have ears more open to You, a mouth sealed shut for You, and a life worth glorifying You. If I can't honor my husband in the ways You have taught me from the bible, then not only can't I honor and glorify You, but I can't expect my children to honor me. And I am certainly not a good sister in Christ. Lord, I ask that You bless my sisters in Christ that they can meet Your demands of them. I also ask that as my own sister takes the time to read these proverbs study's that she will be convicted and awakened. Amen

No comments: