Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Proverbs 2:6-study among sisters in Christ

8/15/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

Reader, where have you been looking for wisdom? What have you been trusting for knowledge and understanding? Solomon would say, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" (3:5-6). Confidence in your own opinions and thinking is folly.

I do not look often enough in the right place for wisdom. (The right place would be the bible, of course!) I look to other people, I look to the t.v., I look to the newspaper (not very often, but still to often), and I look to myself. I either have the right answer or I am confident in my wrong answer. And, yes, I do have to have to have an answer. Don't you? If I don't have one, then someone might think I am not informed, or smart, or wise. Being born into a family of VERY smart people means I have to do anything I can to hold my own. If I can't do it on the IQ scale, I will do it on the accomplishment scale. I'll go to college and get a degree, or 2. I will achieve nearly the highest level possible in my trade. I will be prettier and thinner (don't anyone show me a mirror yet, let me finish!). I will have more money and more things. I will have a lot of problems! Without looking to God and wanting Him to be at the center of my life, I might as well have had the high IQ that I always wanted, because it would have gotten me just as far in my walk with Christ, NO WHERE! It is very difficult for me to put myself on the same "smart" level with people w/o a high IQ, but, I only need to remember 1 thing, I know where my life is going to end...in heaven. I am sure there a people I know who have a higher IQ than I do who can't say the same thing.

Dear Lord, please help me desire and ask for the wisdom You have promised. Help me to have an open mind and an open heart and open ears. Again this week I ask that You help me have a mouse-sized mouth. Please continue to help my sisters in Christ w/the needs and desires of their hearts. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is the source of all intelligence and wisdom, but notice what Solomon asked for: wisdom. Without godly wisdom, all the intelligence in the world does you no good at all (I used to say "common sense" but now I know better). Look at men like Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins. Brilliant geniuses...but lacking in godly wisdom. God did indeed bless ***ALL*** of our family with above-average intelligence. I pray for godly wisdom for all of us as well: wisdom to turn to Him, for those who haven't; and wisdom to lead a godly life, for those who already know Him. It is a sweet pleasure to see you growing in such wisdom!