Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Proverbs 2:20--study among sisters in Christ

9/11/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2


Proverbs 2:20
That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.

This chapter has two purposes - to teach you how to get wisdom and understanding (2:1-9) and the great reward of getting them (2:10-22). When a man obtains wisdom, knowledge, discretion, and understanding (2:10-11), he will be saved from dangerous men and women, who walk in the ways and paths of wickedness (2:12-19). It is from this evil lifestyle of worldly men and women that Solomon sought to save his son. Wisdom is the key opening the door to the way of good men and the path of righteous men. It is offered freely in the Scriptures, and especially this book of Proverbs. If it enters your heart and is pleasant to your soul, you will be able to see and follow the lives of the great men and women before us, the Lord Jesus Christ being the greatest example of all.



If I could only say that I strive daily to be like Christ! If I could only begin to see His awesomeness and holiness and glory for what it is. If I could only be as tormented as Sister Theresa and Paul and Martin Luther. Three people who felt that the closer they got to understanding and knowing and loving Him, the further away they got from deserving what He had to offer. If only.....

Lord, please help me to "if only." If only I could learn about You more. If only I could understand You more. If only I could respect Your authority over my life more. If only I could love You so much that it overflowed from me and washed over my husband. Please help me to "if only." Please meet the needs of my sisters another day, Lord. Amen

No comments: