Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Monday, September 15, 2008

hurricane-force winds brings many things

Yesterday we, the Columbus OH area, had 74 mph winds from hurricane Ike. Thankfully, altho our electricity blinked on and off many times, it was only enough to shut down the computer once and never caused any of the clocks to blink. However, many people were, and are, without power. They include my mom and her husband, my dad and his wife (theirs was restored late today), my grandma and her husband (theirs was restored several hours after losing it last night), my brother, Matt's sister and her family, and some friends of ours, the Steven's Clan (to name a few). Karen S. called us last night to see if we had power and if she could bring over fridge and freezer stuff. She came at 10:30pm-ish. Then she and the Clan (minus daddy) came over for several hours today. She will probably be back tomorrow if power isn't back on. This morning I talked to my mom who asked if she could bring food over. She came over around 3 with fridge and freezer stuff (and she has a large deep freezer full that she might bring over tomorrow!). She stayed for a few hours and made dinner for everyone (including her hubby). We all had a nice meal and chat before they rushed home to shower while there was still daylight to see by. AND, my brother called and asked if I could come pick up his freezer food, which I did. So, my fridge and freezers are packed! As far as wind damage, we just have a lot of sticks and a couple of large limbs down. I did have to chase down the kiddie pool, yesterday during the high winds, and secure some of our patio equipment and some yard items for and an elderly neighbor. So, the winds brought much food and many visitors!
And, it brought Justin's 3rd time ever rolling over, which was the first time he has ever done it from belly to back. Matt & I were both sitting there when he did it and he did it as if he always does it, very effortlessly. So, I tried to recreate the situation for g-ma today, but in a different location....no dice. Same as all the other past responses to being on his belly, whining and fussing until he was picked up.
Praise the Lord that our house, which is HIGHLY prone to losing power at the slightest breeze/drizzle/hint of thunder/beautiful sunny day, not only didn't lose power but was able to help out a few who did. God is good!

No comments: