Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Proverbs 2:15--study among sisters in Christ

9/1/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

Proverbs 2:15
Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:

Reader, are you as different from the world as you should be? There should not even be a resemblance! How do we do this? By wisdom, knowledge, discretion, and understanding (2:10-11)! Where do we find such precious things? In the Word of God, of course! We esteem God's precepts right on all subjects, and we hate every false way (Ps 119:128). There is no shortcut; and there is no cheating. The only wisdom on earth is in the Bible (Is 8:20)!


The only wisdom on earth is in the Bible! All those wasted years in public school, being made to read lots of books on many subjects to make me wiser! And I only needed 1 book! :) All joking aside, my first statement makes me elated and burdened with sadness. Elated because I know all the Truth I will ever need to know and live by is in 1 Book. And burdened with sadness because I know all the Truth I will ever need to know and live by is in 1 Book. THE Book. His book. His Truth. His Words. Just 1 Book! And yet sometimes I can hardly make time to get through reading 1 chapter and studying 1 verse every other day. Who am I kidding? What am I waiting for? Brokenness? Tragedy? A special engraved invitation? Who am I to presume another day?

Dear Lord God Almighty, who am I? A scared, fearful, sad excuse of a servant? I do not want to be a disappointment. I want to serve, and yet am fearful of what I am saying. Help me not to be fearful of what I can do to glorify You. Help my sisters to look to You for all things. Amen

No comments: