Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Proverbs 2:14--study among sisters in Christ

8/31/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

Proverbs 2:14
Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked;

Our generation flatters wicked men. Sin is no longer a horrible thing with consequences. It is good material for comedies and jokes. But only fools mock at sin (10:23; 14:9). They love sin! And they love watching others sin, even heinously! Think Hollywood!


We sort of just touched on this idea in Sunday school, that the word "sin" has lost its punch. We have used it and abused it and ignored it for so long, that we no longer fear the consequences. Oh what a wicked way we walk! We had a homework question that had us look up several passages in the bible and write down the words used to describe sin. Then we were to use those words in place of the word sin in a sentence regarding how we pray for forgiveness. For me, it revealed the extent unto which I sin and the how much I need grace and mercy. I am embarrassed that my head knows to choose God but the black desires of my heart all to often make the final decisions. I do not rejoice to do evil, it makes me sick and sad. I do not rejoice in the sin of others, it makes my heart break. And yet, every day I choose to not only act unlovingly towards my husband, but to make sure he acts the same way to me. That doesn't sound like someone who doesn't rejoice in evil or doesn't delight in the evil-doings of others. Hmmmmmm Time to pray?

Dear heavenly Father, please give me a hearts desire for You. So that You can be glorifid in all that I do. So that I can have the biblical relationship with my husband that You desire. I ask You to not only strengthen my marriage, but increase the love in the marriages of my sisters in Christ. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Sin" has not only lost its punch, it's horribly old-fashioned and very un-PC to talk about sin. Sin doesn't exist anymore. We "make mistakes" or "errors in judgment" or some other mealy mouthed softened sanitized explanation of our sinful behavior. In order to sin, we must be sinning against Someone, a Holy God, and He doesn't exist either. If He did, we would be very afraid of the consequences. So...no sin, no God, no consequences.

I pray for all of us, and for our marriages, that we would all love God with everything that is in us, and then - and only then - will we be able to be the godly women He wants us to be, and love our husbands with a pure, unselfish, submissive love.