Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Monday, September 15, 2008

Proverbs 2;21--study among sisters in Christ

9/13/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

Proverbs 2:21
For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it.

A happy life with good days is obtained by obeying the Lord, especially by ruling your speech and treating others kindly (Ps 34:12-16; I Pet 3:10-12). Righteousness brings blessings (Is 3:10)! But the greatest reward is future - dwelling forever in the land of heaven (Heb 11:8-16)!


"...and treating others kindly." The King's royal golden rule. "If you can do this, you are doing well." Little snipet from our current lesson in James. Sounds simple enough. (My dad says that's the one (the commandment) he tries to live by. I am quite sure the people he lives with and interacts with on the roadways would feel better about their dealings with him if they new this was his "motto"!) It sounds SO simple that we/me just ignore it. In fact, we are so prejudice to our own ideas about, well, everything, that not only are we not treating others kindly, but we are going out of our way to make sure they know they don't belong. Some how we have forgotten that we don't sit on That Throne, only He does. The Golden Rule, The Royal Rule, The Kings Rule. Thank God for grace and mercy! I dwell here, but I will not remain here.

Lord, help me to seek You out through others that I would normally be inclined to avoid or inclined to judge. Break my heart into pieces that only You can restore so that I have a heart only for You. I want to know You. I want to love You. I want to understand You and what Your will is for me. Guide me, mold me, love me, shape me, break me,, and lift me up! "....especially by ruing your speech..." PLEASE help me in this area above all others right now. Please continue to bless my sisters w/Your love and grace & mercy. Amen

No comments: