Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Proverbs 2:19--study among sisters in Christ

9/9/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

Proverbs 2:19
None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.one that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life.

God chose David in Jesus Christ by sovereign election before the world began (Eph 1:3-12). Jesus died for each of David's sins, including his adultery and murder (Is 53:4-12; II Cor 5:21; I Pet 2:24; Rev 1:5). David took enormous confidence in this great salvation by God's free grace in Jesus Christ (II Sam 23:1-5; Ps 32:1-2). Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect, including David? It is God that justifieth (Rom 8:33)!

But God's practical mercy for adultery requires full confession and repentance, which David gave freely and fully (II Sam 12:13; Ps 51:1-19). God is faithful to forgive confessed sins, and Elihu described confession well, "He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not; He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light" (Job 33:27-28).


Boy, that first paragraph, above, really screams reformation! Not to hard to tell where they are coming from.

Now, again with the whorish woman. I have to believe there is something else I need to be 'seeing" here. Altho I don't believe I literally fit the description, or ever have, I feel like I am missing something. I suppose if I pray about it might be revealed to me....maybe in the form of a dream! :)

Dear Lord, please speak to my heart about the importance of these past few verses that I have been studying. Please impress upon my heart Your knowledge and my ability to understand. Please continue to work in the lives of my sisters. Amen

No comments: