Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Friday, September 5, 2008

Proverbs 2:17-study among sisters in Christ

9/5/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

Proverbs 2:17
Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.


Again, as in my last post regarding this subject, I would have to say I am pretty confident this is not an area I have trouble with, or that my husband needs to worry about. That said, I do have a couple of funny stories that might make me rethink how "virtuous" I think I really am.

Story #1
I live 1 minute from where I spent most of my school days. My high school boyfriend, Troy, lives on the street I grew up on, maybe 2 minutes away. We probably shop at the same grocery stores and eat at the same places. That is what I dread! I haven't seen him since 2001....maybe. A couple of weeks ago I went to the store at dark, as gross as one could be. And I prayed I wouldn't run into anyone I knew. Well, I am 99% sure that as I was pulling into the parking lot that I took his parking place. Yes, my ex's. Of course I didn't say anything or make a scene. I might have if I was 50 pounds lighter or he looked fat and bald...but since that wasn't the case, I stayed quiet. I went in, did my brief shopping, left the store, and drove by his house a couple of times to see if it was his car that I had seen at the store. Border-line stalker, right? I just HAD to know if that was him. I did not get a confirmation, the car I was trying to see was parked in the alley and their were 2 people unloading what looked like groceries. Hmmmmm By the way, Matt knows all of this.

Story #2
I don't have very many dreams that I know of or remember. However, the other night I had what seemed like a LONG dream about being at work (a chef in a kitchen somewhere). My ex-fiance, Charles, was working there also, and wanted to get back together with me. Through most of the dream's events, I just kept thinking, who do I want to be with more, Charles or Troy? At what seemed to be the end of the dream I finally had a revelation....Heeelllooooo, I'm married!

There was no choosing between those 2 because I already have the one who was chosen for me. A man that I rarely think of or regard as a gift. And yet, that is what he is. He goes to work every day to provide for his family, works physically very hard (he thinks he broke his big toe today), and supports my staying at home with our kids. He is a believer, lover, and follower of God.

Dear heavenly Father, please help me to remember the gift you gave me in Matt nearly 10 years ago. Soften my heart towards him. Help me be his help-mate and not his nagging deterrent. Help me to only have & remember dreams about him and no other man. Help me to not be curious about any other man's situation regardless of how silly I think it is. Help me to only care what I look like for my husbands eyes. Please continue to guide my sisters through this study with me. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, can I relate to the whole dream thing! Since I do have frequent, fantastic (as in unbelievable) and vivid dreams, about everyone I've ever known and people I've never known, I long ago had to quit feeling guilty about them or thinking they all "meant" something. However, when I do have such dreams, just in case they are related to some sinful thinking on my part, I pray about it, and repent, and pray that I don't have more dreams like that.

And another "coincidence": I too have a husband who is overworked and underappreciated! Thank you for the reminder that he is a gift from God, and that I need to be his loving, respectful helpmeet, and not a nag.