Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Monday, September 15, 2008

Proverbs 2:22--study among sisters in Christ

9/15/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2


Proverbs 2:22
But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.


This commentary tends to be a little harsh/black & white sometimes. I agree that you can't be to harsh when discussing/teaching the truths of the bible. But sometimes I think this commentaries view could be seen as promising to much. "If you just do A then B will happen and C will not." And then they tend to give examples of people or situations that they believe fit into these guidelines. I think we have to be careful when we are judging others because we tend to base it on their outward appearance. I think overall this chapter reinforces chapter 1 by reiterating the need to seek the knowledge God has promised you, apply it to your life daily, and you will be rewarded.

Lord my God, help me keep my focus on Your perfection and NOT on the imperfections of others. Who am I to judge? As my sisters and I close out this 2nd chapter in Proverbs, please convict all of us to continue to seek You and Your perfect wisdom & perfect knowledge and perfect love. Amen

No comments: