Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Proverbs 2:16--study among sisters in Christ

9/3/08
http://www.letgodbetrue.com/proverbs/proverbs.php?chapter=2

Proverbs 2:16
To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words;

The daughters of God must learn to modestly cover their beauty, limit their eye contact, and limit friendly speech with other men. If you do not, you are kindling a fire that will destroy your own soul and home and those of others as well. Dear reader, may God give you grace and strength to be faithful to Him and your spouse this day; for remember that Jesus Christ used the example of a strange woman with harlot daughters as the picture of the apostate Roman church, who left Him for pagan ritualism.


Altho I don't believe I am like the woman described in this verse (and subsequent verses), it still gives me pause to examine my life and my actions. I do not believe my husband has anything to worry about as far as me being the temptress. I just pray that there aren't any other women out there ready to take my husband on as a challenge. I probably couldn't compete in most aspects of a "challenge." And yet the very thing that should be my best virtue, my faith in God that translates into a relationship that glorifies God, isn't. Hmmm, sounds like a good time to pray.....

Dear heavenly Father, not only do I not deserve a faithful, loving, husband (due to my own short-comings and the simple fact that I only DESERVE hell,) I do not deserve You. Because of Your faithfulness, grace, and mercy, I ask that You help me be his only challenge, and worth the challenge. Soften and open my heart, tie my tongue and close my lips, and open my ears and my arms. Please strengthen the marriage relationships in my sisters lives as well. Amen

No comments: