Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Monday, October 20, 2008

Tooth #8 & A scare for mommy

You can see Justin's 8th tooth coming in, bottom left next to traditional 1st tooth. You can't actually feel it, but it is So right there! He had his biggest solid meal yet: mashed potatoes, chicken, mac & cheese, peaches, rice, cheese, and a little cinnamon roll. Mostly he ate chicken, followed by the mac & cheese. I think he might have kept going. Normally when he has had enough solids, he waves his hand in front of his mouth or shoves the food off the tray. Not tonight, he just let it keep going in. These are all things he has had in the past, just not this much in one sitting.

My scare: a few days ago I was out grocery shopping w/the boys. I haven't been able to use the remote to unlock the car, probably due to the fact that Justin chews on it in the grocery. No surprise there. However, after I got home and put the kids in the kitchen in their chairs and gave them lunch, I proceeded to unload the car. As I went out to get the first load, I heard the car door locks locking and unlocking, as if someone was playing w/the remote in the house, which has been known to happen on occasion. However, I was pretty certain the kids were out of reach of the keys, and they were strapped into their chairs. So, as I took the first load in, I scanned for the keys. There they were, where I had left them, out of reach of the kids. So I decided to look for the spare set in the drawer where we keep them just in case they had been taken out. Nope, there they were, just lying there, buttons side up. Great! Now the car is locking and unlocking itself w/o keys in it or even around it!

They say things happen in 3's. Well, this makes 3 scares: gas leak, Matt's incident w/the baby monitor, and now mine w/the mysterious electrical system of the car. Or do they say deaths come in 3's? Whichever it is they say, I don't believe such silly nonsense! Which, of course means, there could be a #4! :)

No comments: