Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Thursday, October 16, 2008

THE Circleville Pumpkin Show & more Austin sayings

Austin feeding carrots to a deer











Isn't the baby goat just precious?
border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5257969447729277026" />

Motorcycle ride anyone? Savannah and Austin had a blast on this!


This was as close to a horsey ride as they got.











How about that!


That's 1375.5#'s for the King and his Queen came in under 1200#'s.




















Yes, today we (me, Austin, Justin, Therese (Matt's sister), Savannah (Therese's daughter), and grandma Paula) went to THE place to be seen if you want to be seen w/a giant pumpkin. I have always wanted to be a food critic, and I can certainly put away the food. I decided that, for YOUR sake, as possible future Pumpkin Show attendees I would taste as many foods as I could and let you know what was worth eating. Ok, let's begin. Rating from a scale of 1-5 w/5 being the best.

crab corn chowder, approx. $5.50 for approx. 8oz.-- 3--I ate most of it, not much crab flavor
chicken & sausage jambalaya, approx. $4.50 for approx. 8oz--3--I ate less than half, rice overdone
fried swiss cheese, approx. $3.50--4.5--to small, I ate most of it
thick cut french fries, $???--5--yummmmo--I ate maybe 1/4 of them
steak on a stick, approx. $5 for approx. 2oz.--3--it was tender just not very exciting, I ate most of it
pumpkin doughnut, $1--3.5--it was better because it was warm but Circle S Farms has the best!!!, I ate half
elk chili, approx. $4 for approx. 8oz.--3--to sweet, I ate most of it
shredded chicken sandwich, approx. $4--4--little to much pepper, I ate most of it
chicken & noodles, approx. $4 for approx. 8 oz.--5--we asked for little broth, I had 1 bite
deep-fried snickers bar, approx $2.50--5--need I say more?, warning--don't get the powder sugar on it, TOO messy, I ate ALL of it
hot chocolate, approx. $2 for 12oz.--3
nacho chips in a bag (they were part of a meal-deal for Austin that cost a total of $4)--2--I only had a few
caramel apple w/nuts, approx. $3--5--I ate 1/2 of it

Austin sayings: When he gets in trouble and has to go to his room, he is asked "tell me what you did wrong that got you in trouble?" Now, when he comes out, w/o being asked he immediately says to me "tell me what you do wrong?" He has been saying lately that Jesus is in his heart and in mommy's heart and in daddy's heart and in Justin's heart. Well, the other night, after reading a few bible stories he starts telling me the whole "jesus is in my heart" thing again...but adds "and Noah is in my heart." I told him Noah wasn't in his heart and that Noah had been dead a long time. His reply was "but the animals aren't dead..the giraffes and the elephants."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea you ate THAT much! But thanks for the reviews!
Cute pictures, but where oh where is a picture of our littlest punkin?