Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gas leak update

We were told that Columbia Gas would be back today to do the outside repairs. They came yesterday and were here all day. Great! They dug a 3x3x3 hole in the front yard near the street. They dug a hole up by the house to find the line and to reposition the riser from in our garage to outside the garage. They did a fantastic job putting back grass, dirt, gravel, and mulch! At 4:30pm they said they were ready to call for a tech to come and put the new meter on the new riser and turn the gas back on. WAIT A MINUTE! We still had leaks inside that hadn't been fixed yet. That's another story. The insurance company told me Monday that someone would be calling us Monday to come out and fix the inside leaks Monday or Tuesday. By 4:30pm yesterday, still nothing. When I called, again, to find out what was going on, they informed me that they couldn't send someone out until the outside work was done. Thanks for letting me know! I figured as late as it was, we wouldn't see anyone until today. At 6pm yesterday a plumber showed up at our door. It took him 3 hours, but now the inside was done. Great! I called Columbia Gas at 9:30pm last night to get an appt. for today to have the gas restored. I was told that the computer showed that we still had work to be done outside, so an appt. couldn't be made. I assured her that it was a mistake because the 4 guys who worked all day outside in my front yard told me they were done. ALL done! She assured me that she had informed me of everything she could and that she couldn't tie up the emergency line anymore. If I wanted to register a complaint I could call back in the morn. and talk to customer service. Register a complaint?! Uh, no, I just want my gas turned back on. Sheesh! So, I called back this morning at 7am and found out I was scheduled for service between 8am and 12pm. Great! Well, 12 came and went. I called at 3pm to find out that we no longer had a time assigned to us, just that it would be restored today. Normal business hours are until 4:30pm. If they don't make it by then, they do work until 11:30pm. If they can't make it by then, then and only then would I get a call. Not so great! 9pm tonight was the golden hour!!! I have never been so happy to see a work truck w/blinking lights outside my house. If I had to pick losing gas or electric, it would be gas. We have an electric stove and a dishwasher that self heats, if necessary. The furnace and dryer both work off of electric and gas, so its a lose lose there. What a day, but thank the Lord we are back in business! Shower anyone?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometime, remind me or Mike to tell you our story of getting gas in AR. Glad all is well!
Laura C.

Anonymous said...

Well, we sure are glad you can shower now...we could smell you guys all the way to CW!