Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Austin says.....Justin does

Not really like it sounds. This post is about some funny things Austin has been saying and something new Justin did yesterday.

Austin: If you say to him "we don't have the money for it" he says "then get some out of your purse" or "go get some from the bank." Referring to a food item he wants, if you say to him "we don't have anymore" or "we are all out of it" he says "we need to buy some more, its on sale." When we go to the store he says "am I going in mommy? Don't leave me by myself, I can't drive." If Matt talks about his paycheck, Austin will say "that's money in the bank." He still says "hold me" when he wants you to hold him. I know there are more cute things, I have a list, somewhere.....
Altho he has been "potty trained" since early summer, we still put him in a diaper at night. Tonight he informed me he didn't like how the diaper felt and wanted it off. I obliged, but in a little bit I will be putting a chux pad under him just in case. Especially since he sleeps w/us!

Justin was sitting upright on our bed today, as he does often. I had my back to him and when I turned around he had turned towards the edge of the bed where the rail guard is and had pulled himself up onto his knees and was very excited to be looking down over the edge of the bed. over the next few minutes, every time I sat him back down on his behind, he immediately turned himself sideways and pulled himself back up. Altho the rail is 12" high, I am not comfortable with this new ability. I remember when Austin was able to do it, altho it was after he could crawl, matt and I had to stop letting him do it for fear he would push himself up and over. Altho Justin is still not crawling, he dives head first off the couch now (no more setting him there unattended) and rolls enough that he can't be left alone or unattended on anything that is up off the ground. He has been rolling to his right side to go to sleep at night.
He is going on 2 weeks w/a cold. We pray he gets better soon. We're running out of toilet paper to wipe his itsy bitsy nose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby needs soft tissue with lotion for his itsy-bitsy nose!
Kids say and do such cute things, it's too bad we can't remember all of them. Glad you're documenting them on your blog, this will help with the memory when it starts to fade...and it will!