Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Bauer's ABC's of Life

To serious of a title for a christian preschool? In all seriousness, please pray for our family and the Steven's family. Beginning in a week, I will be 'trying' to teach preschool to my Austin (2.5) and their John (3.5) & Elizabeth (4.5) 3x/week for 2 hours. I am doing this for a few reasons: 1st, we need the money. JUST kidding, there is no money being exchanged! 1st, I needed a reason to start researching homeschooling for my kids. 2nd, Karen needs extra help these days w/2 home schooled kids, a baby, 2 youngsters, and a baby on the way. The reason we/I need prayer? I have my own insecurities about raising and teaching my own children, let alone somebody else's. I want to honor God in this new endeavor without making enemies out of 3 small impressionable children! I am feeling overwhelmed w/so much info. out there that it is easy to shut down and quit looking. So, I pray.

Speaking of praying, continue to keep Matt & I in your prayers. These love notes I have been writing aren't producing the immediate change in Matt that I thought they would. Oh, they weren't suppose to change him? They are suppose to transform the way I think & feel about him? Ok then, its going to take awhile! I will say this, each time I write one at night, its sort of like not letting the sun go down on my anger. I know the note can't be a replacement for truly talking things out, but its a much bigger step in the right direction for me.

No comments: