Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Thursday, November 6, 2008

A few updates....and an apology or 2





Austin, Elizabeth, and John finished their 3rd week of preschool today. We reviewed the past 2 weeks of stuff: square, circle, blue, red, A, & B. We spent 1 day this week at the zoo, so it gave them an opportunity to find all of the things they had learned. (We took pictures and they made a collage. Elizabeth & John are holding their's.) We gathered a bunch of red leaves for one of their crafts. (Austin is holding that one.) Here they are: #1 at the zoo, #2 showing off their crafts from the last 2 days, and #3 having their last red & blue snack.













Austin has been very generous w/the compliments lately. Now I am a good dancer. Sadly, since I'm really not, I am less excited about his other compliments.

Justin's 8th tooth broke through 3 days ago (bottom left next to traditional 1st bottom tooth). That makes an even 4 on the top and bottom. Justin finally fell off of our king sized bed for the 1st time tonight. Thankfully he was on his belly w/his feet hanging off the edge as he went down. He was a little scared but didn't cry. I say "finally" because Austin had fallen off head first a couple of times by this point. He certainly isn't having any trouble getting around even tho I have yet to see him actually crawl.


1st apology: Our Sunday school class attended a bonfire at the home of one of the class members this past Saturday. It was fabulous! However, I owe everyone who was there, by the time we were ready to eat, an apology. As I was giving some announcements my husband said something to me and I snapped at him. As soon as I did it I was embarrassed for myself. I was very convicted over the next couple of days to offer an apology to everyone. However, I let sin take over and I didn't do it. So, after admitting and apologizing to the ladies in my bible study tonight, I decided to post an apology here.

2nd apology: It has come to my attention that while discussing specifics of meals with other ladies in my supper swap group, someone overheard what they thought was inappropriate talk about the women in the supper swap. I have had 3 lengthy conversations with 3 of the supper swap participants, and at no time did we ever specifically discuss any woman's bad cooking abilities. I was mortified and saddened that someone may have thought they heard such a thing, and in no way would I want to dishonor God by gossiping about another woman. My professional cooking background makes me feel like I can "help" others with small, easy food cooking techniques. I would want the same feedback from others who might happen upon my cooking. However, my point is this, if I have offended any woman in my supper swap group w/such talk, I am truly sorry and deeply ashamed. (I did offer this apology tonight at our supper swap, but we were missing 2 of the ladies and I know they occasionally read my blog.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I be in your pre-school? You guys have so much fun, and snacks, too!