Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ashes! and such....

PRECIOUS!!











A baby shower cake I made today. REMEMBER, I am NOT a baker!

The reason for posting a pic of it is to see if you see what Austin saw in the side piping....feet! He said,, "mommy, that's very pretty feet on there."













Ashes. That is Justin's new word. It sounds like "assuzz." He did it last night when we were all in bed and I was singing my usual 10-15 bedtime songs to the boys that puts them all (all 3) of them to sleep. When I got to Ring Around the Rosie, all I did was look at Justin (who was sitting up in bed instead of laying down, now that he can sit up on his own) and repeated "ashes" at the end of the song. He smiled and then repeated it. So I said it again, and so did he. I was so tickled and made sure Matt heard it too so that I wasn't imagining things. This went on for several minutes. Interesting word for a kid that only says "mama", "dada", "bubu" like bubby, and lots of babbling. I think I blogged sometime ago on 2 words I was sure he said in bed, but they haven't been repeated since. We are really milking ashes. If you ask him to say it, mostly he complies.

I noticed a couple of days ago that when I told him to go get the football (which was quite a ways away and he hadn't been playing with it and we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 10), he looked over at it and started crawling for it. I was shocked! So in bed last night, before the ashes thing, I told him to go get daddy, he looked at Matt, and then started crawling to him.

Altho this is a weird new word, I will say again what I said when Austin was learning to talk, "I am glad his first word wasn't french fry!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justin, repeat after me:
Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Grandma, Grandma