Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Saturday, December 6, 2008

He's almost 1 year old!

Justin will be 1 on Monday. Where has the time gone? Into a clean house? Uh, no. Into teaching Austin chemistry, or maybe just how to identifiy the letters he sings so well in the ABC song? Uh, no. Into making sure I am nice and healthy for another baby (as the midwives demanded at Justin's 6 wk. check up)? Uh, no. Maybe into decorating the house more-better this year than last year? Uh, no. So, where DID it go? Well, other than into a minimum amount of cooking & cleaning & showers & laundry, it mostly went into hours and hours of enjoying my kids being LITTLE kids. These times and years won't last, and I want to suck up as much of them as I can before they are gone, like a fine mist of water that disappears before your eyes. I hope there will be time to clean more, cook more & better, and teach the kids (kinda important since I plan to homeschool). But for now, I am perfectly content to sit with my 2 beautiful boys and just watch, listen, laugh, and sometimes even learn.

Since I spent 3 weeks w/Austin on identifying the letter's A & B, he has had 3 more weeks to practice because we haven't gotten back to preschool. I hope to resume with him after the 1st of the year. His cousin Savannah plans to come over and learn too.

Justin was scooting/hopping on his behind before he learned to crawl. I assumed he would quit after the crawling started. Nope! He really enjoys bouncing himself around. It seems to work best on non-carpeted floors. He is a riot to watch. I would love to get a vidoe of him dong it.

This one was for you sis! We love you and we miss you and we pray for you and your family!!!!

2 comments:

sezingsheim said...

Thanks for that, sis! Reading your blog helps me to feel like I am not missing EVERYTHING by living so far away. And hold tight to this time with the boys. I wish I had held a little tighter and enjoyed that time with my kids alot more, instead of always being so tied up with the day-to-day living and crises. I wish I could get just a little of that time back. Bless you and your family that you recognize and embrace this time with them. Love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Let's have a picture of the birthday boy, OK? The pictures on there are pretty cute, but we need a NEW one!