Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bunches of stuff....






Lets start with Justin. The day after his 1st b-day he finally figured out how to go up the steps. Oh boy! Time to start closing the basement door or gating it. 1st pic is of him realizing he can get up the step. 2nd pic is of me thinking he is going to fall, so I bailed on the pic to save the boy. 3rd pic is of him happily sitting on the step before HE realizes he can't balance himself for very long.





Today, as he was crawling on all 4's across the floor, he would periodically straighten out his back legs in the air...a weird bear crawl if you will. And tonight he went to sleep on his belly for the 1st time. I was wondering how long it would last. He moves a lot, and we have a sheet and a heavy comforter on the bed that he regularly gets caught up in. It lasted 1/2 hr. When he started crying and I went in to check on him, he was out of all the covers and sideways on my pillow....and he doesn't sleep on a pillow.


Now, on to Austin. For the past week he has said "no diaper" at night. Scary, since he sleeps between Matt & I. Well, not only have there been no accidents, last night he woke up at 4am and crawled out of bed. I asked him if he had to go potty, and he said "no." However, he walked into the bathroom and asked for help. I quickly got up, helped, and praised him endlessly for being a big boy and getting up to go potty and not pot-tying the bed. I resumed the praise this morning when he/we woke up. I then got up to go to the bathroom, and Austin proceeded to tell me that he was proud of me too. If he only knew how proud of me I was for making it to the bathroom! :)

Back to Justin for a sec. A quick update on his vocabulary. When you sing him the song Ring Around the Rosie, as you get to the "ashes, ashes" part, he says it first. If he is nursing, he stops to be sure he gets to say it at the right time. Very funny! It sounds like he is saying "Austin." It sounds like "aw-sin." On his b-day it was pretty clear to me and most everyone else that he was trying to say "happy b-day." It sounded like "ha-bee."

No comments: