Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Friday, January 29, 2010

She's a big girl now!


Lily will be 7 months in less than a week. Today was her first time in the highchair. I don't put the kids in the highchairs until they can sit up mostly unassisted. This week she passed that milestone (in the bath tub, no-less). So, for lunch she had lots of Italian wedding soup that I made (mostly just the orzo, smidge of chicken and spinach...not lots to you and I of course) and probably 2 cheerios (in tincey pieces). She was quite a trooper. A couple of weeks ago when she started really getting around by army crawling, she was also doing the bear stand. I thought she might start walking before crawling or sitting up unassisted (not really, but you get my drift). This week she has been crawling on all 4's more each day. She also does a lot of a partial bear stand w/one arm off the ground, as if she is getting up (which she doesn't). Time to put the gates up! She has been crawling off of cushions onto the floor for awhile, but this past week she has made progress in climbing up....using my body to help. She may start out on her back, then roll to her belly, then crawl up onto my arm, then up to my shoulder, then up to my chest or belly or side, then she stands (while hanging on of course). I also need to move the recycling paper box, which she found, and can get into, and makes a mess, AND eats it if given time.

1 comment:

Mamaw Paula said...

Wow, sitting in the high chair AND eating wedding soup! She's growing up waaaaay too fast to suit me.