Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

First laughs, Found fingers, Finally mobile?, Finally sentences, and a Golf ball

Lily began laughing out-loud , for the first time, a couple of weekends ago. Matt was making faces at her while she was lying on the bed. (I believe that is the same way Austin began laughing out loud.) This past Saturday night I caught her staring down her fingers, for the first time, as if they were little aliens. That always cracks me up. (Side bar: Austin said to me the other night, "Mommy, do you crack me up?") Anyway, Lily started rolling from her back to her right side yesterday. Still just 1 roll 1 time.....I thought.....until today when I laid her on the floor, head facing the kitchen, between the living room and the kitchen. (I have found that if I turn the hall light on she sorta hangs out there for a bit w/o fussing.) We sat down to eat dinner and I would glance over at her just to see what she was doing. (I can't talk to her too much or watch her too long if she is watching me because then she tends to start crying.) At one point when I looked at her, she was gone. Part way down the hall, head facing down the hall, on her belly. I have no idea how she did it. She was wriggling a lot. But while I watched her for several minutes, she didn't actually get anywhere. So, did she roll several times to get there? Did she wriggle around just enough to push herself there? Got me.

Justin has been talking in longer sentences for the past couple of weeks, and answering with the right words to certain situations. For instance, when I call his name now, instead of coming to me he answers back "What?" When I tell him to do something, or not to do something, he asks "Why?" And, 2 days ago I was pretty sure he was trying to tattle-tale on Austin, due to the words that I understood in his very long sentence "Austin.......Justin....." and the ever-popular tattle-tale pitch in his voice. That was confirmed when the very next day he came to me crying and very clearly said, "Austin pushed Justin down." Oh boy, here we go!

A few nights ago when I was in bed for the night, in between Lily and Justin, I was reading something. As I lay there for awhile, I was a little preoccupied with a slightly uncomfortable feeling in my lower back. I assumed it was just the tag and seam of my pants being in a jumbled mess. When I was certain the kids were asleep, I got up to do some work, as I often do. I reached back to fix my pants when what do you think I found? Yes, a golf ball. Thank you Justin.

No comments: