Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Confessions of a shopaholic

I need help. I mean REAL help. I need a 12 step program. I need to cancel my Sunday paper and throw away the grocery store ads before I even open them. It's just that when I see them in the ads "On Sale" and I happen to have coupons for them, I buy them. Lots of them. I mean, really, LOTS of them. It's the thrill of how cheap I can get them. We can't even eat anywhere close to what I buy. I don't even like most of them. But I buy them anyway. The ones I do like I REALLY like. And a couple I actually cook with. I will be giving LOTS away as gag Christmas gifts. It's a disease. It's a silly disease, but a disease none the less. I think it stems from us kids not having them around when we were growing up. Mom had them, but they were yucky ones. Yes, I am speaking of boxes of cereal. I bought 24 more tonight. I already had about that many, not including the additional 10 I had set aside for Christmas gifts.

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

It's OK. It's called Shop, Save, and Share. Take them to the local food pantry. You saved ridiculous amounts of money on boxes of cereal - so pass that savings onto someone else that may really need it.

sezingsheim said...

I'm wiping the tears from eyes as I write this. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. I remember those wonderful, healthy boxes of "cereal" we had growing up. Could be why I still avoid eating it. But you, dear sister, I think you need a 12 step program and some very intensive therapy!

Anonymous said...

I think you BOTH (and I don't mean "The Mrs.") are disgraceful, disrepectful and delusional. You really need to start taking responsibility for your own actions, grow up, and quit blaming your sainted mother.

Shelli said...

I love cereal, I could eat it every meal. So I wouldn't mind your disease!