Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lily Renee' Bauer makes her debut!









Lily was born July 4th at 9am at home in water, just like her 2 brothers. They were both there and eager to play in the water and throw things in the water, as well as give mommy some encouraging hugs, kisses, and words of advice. Austin said to me several times, "Just breath mommy," and "Don't cry mommy, just pray to God." Lily was 7#14oz, 19.5" long, and I think she looks like Justin did when he was born.

More birth details: My contractions started at 3:30am and were 10 min. apart and 45 sec. long. After 1 hour, went out to the couch to continue watching time and length. I wasn't sure this was the real thing. After 2 hours of this, Matt came, got an update from me, and then asked if it was safe for him to go to the bathroom (you would have to know story of Justin's birth to appreciate that question.). I decided to call 1 of the midwives to see if she would be willing to come check me and give me her professional opinion. I didn't want to call everyone over if it wasn't the real thing and ruin anyone's 4th. After she got here at 6:30am and checked me, my contractions immediately started coming every 5 min. It was decided to call everyone else. Matt had already started filling up the tub w/water. By the time Lily arrived, the water had just gotten warm enough for her to be born into it. My water hadn't broken, so as I was pushing it felt like trying to birth a water balloon. Matt was able to help deliver her, which he hadn't been able to do with the other 2.

Altho water birth is far from pain free, I can't imagine it any other way.

1 comment:

Val said...

Wow! This is the first testimony I've heard of a water birth by someone I know personally. Amazing. --Val