Justin at 7.5 months

Justin at 7.5 months
his first pontoon boat ride

Austin at 1 year

Austin at 1 year
when dandelion seeds are still cute

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kiddie updates

The boys at COSI with daddy recently (while mommy was at Children's with Lily.) .












Lily at 2 weeks old.











Lily is 3.5 weeks old. At 9 days old she weighed 9#4oz and at 18 days old she weighed 10#3oz. She needed to have blood drawn at Children's as a follow up to her PKU test. We STILL don't have those results! At 5 days old she was watching my face while I was talking to mom, and she got the biggest smile on her face. Then, 2 days later in church she did the same thing. At 2 weeks old she started hitting her toy giraffe rattle that hangs from her vibrating chair. And yesterday I caught hr staring down her fist. She was EXTREMELY fussy her 2nd and 3rd week so the midwives suggested I remove dairy from my diet. Ever since she has been much much calmer. Not fuss-free, but calmer. We don't have several times during the day where she has outbursts that last an hour plus, and at night we don't have 2-3 hours of crying. Hope its really the diary removal since I am dying for a glass of milk or a bowl of cereal. I tried the soy milk on my cereal.....that lasted 2-3 bowls.

Justin is doing better w/his new sister. He started asking to hold her about 1 week ago. He still has screaming fits when he can't nurse on demand, but the duration is getting shorter (I think). I think he is cutting his last 4 molars because he has been shoving all 4 fingers as far back into his mouth as he can and biting down. He is also biting furniture, toys, and occasionally his brother and daddy. He is talking a lot more and much better. Probably the cutest thing he does right now is stress his T's at the end of a word. Don't know why or where it came from, but its funny. A couple of weeks ago he got his first shots in his legs and he was pretty sore. He walked hunched over and wouldn't bend w/his knees to pick things up. Very sad to watch.

Austin has gown 4.5 inches in 1 year. Doesn't resemble a 3 year old in height. Watch him have a fit over something and he reminds you of a 1 year old! He seems very interested all of a sudden in learning school things: letters, numbers, counting, etc. He keeps asking me if he is going to go to school, and can I start teaching him now. I can only hope and pray that kind of enthusiasm lasts the next 15 years!

1 comment:

Yo Mama said...

YAY, more updates on the kids! (like I never see them in person)
Strike while the iron is hot and starting teaching that kid NOW! That's when I started you doing dishes, and you still love it!